One of the two gig tickets I bought for us for my gift to Jack for year one of marriage (paper) was to see Jamie Lawson at Brighton Dome.
I really enjoyed our evening. I don’t know that Jack would necessarily choose it as a gig of choice, as we described the audience as a mix of Radio 2 listeners, us included.
I’ll admit it, I’d really only heard his single ‘Wasn’t expecting that’ before I booked the tickets, but I really enjoyed his other material, especially some of the new songs that are potentially coming out on his next album.
Have you been to see anyone recently? Got any recommendations for my ‘to listen to’ list?
Can you tell what this post might be about? I’m so subtle with my titles : )
Gym is a place I never imagined I would be so often. I have a bit of a tumultuous relationship with it if I’m being frank, which apparently is my constant state. Sorry all! I love the feeling after a really energetic session, where I have miraculously found motivation from a Spotify playlist at 6:45am. But I’d be lying if I didn’t also admit to sometimes going for 20 mins and leaving again. Those days happen too.
What gets me through is :
- Having had a good nights sleep the night before.
- Having my gym kit ready to throw on in the morning.
- A coffee for my walk to the gym with Rosie (checkout her blog) in my trusty Keep Cup (I had one of these critters sent from Australia for J before they were stocked in the UK: shoulda waited!)
- An awesome playlist – Rosie shared her personal gym one with me and that is always my fall back at the moment.
- Having an idea of what I want to do. I have a Pinterest board of working out things, so I try to take a snoop at that to get me motivated before leaving home in the morning.
- Occasionally treating myself to new gym kit.
What works for you?