I can’t help it. I know it’s strictly speaking still sort of Summer but I love Autumn. I do.
Just some of the reasons:
- The leaves turning is spectacular – especially if you get out into the countryside. I think might city dwelling friends might think I’m mad but look!
- Lovely things happen in Autumn.. my birthday, Halloween (I’m a fan of pumpkin carving), Bonfire night, Christmas shopping ( I like to start early)
- It’s a good temperature for someone who loves living in knitwear.
- Sleeping in is easier again as the mornings get a bit darker.
- Socks… I can wear socks again!
- Eating hot food is like *super* enjoyable
- Hot chocolate becomes a more socially acceptable drink
- Wellingtons. I love em.
- Home becomes cosy – candles and blankets and nights in.
Are you excited for the arrival of Autumn? Or are you mourning the end of summer?