I can’t help it. I know it’s strictly speaking still sort of Summer but I love Autumn. I do.
Just some of the reasons:
- The leaves turning is spectacular – especially if you get out into the countryside. I think might city dwelling friends might think I’m mad but look!
- Lovely things happen in Autumn.. my birthday, Halloween (I’m a fan of pumpkin carving), Bonfire night, Christmas shopping ( I like to start early)
- It’s a good temperature for someone who loves living in knitwear.
- Sleeping in is easier again as the mornings get a bit darker.
- Socks… I can wear socks again!
- Eating hot food is like *super* enjoyable
- Hot chocolate becomes a more socially acceptable drink
- Wellingtons. I love em.
- Home becomes cosy – candles and blankets and nights in.
Are you excited for the arrival of Autumn? Or are you mourning the end of summer?
I have been (as usual) looking forward to the start of Autumn. I love laying, I love knitwear and socks and the excuse to wear a scarf.
Also by early August I and my feet are bored of flip flops and sandals – give me boots, sneakers and slippers.
There are a few things I already have my eye on and a few things I already have that I am looking forward to wearing this Autumn.
I love a pair of sneakers, or two and added these tweedy ones to my collection recently. (New Look)
Who doesn’t love a bit of sparkle for Autumn winter… I certainly do, and picked up these comfies from New Look for a bargain price.
This classic striped knit from H&M
I am currently hoping that Dotty P get these in in the Tall range…
And lastly for now, although I have no need for a new coat and I would definitely spill hot chocolate down it on it’s first outing I am in love with this.
What have you got your eye on at the moment?