Those aren’t words I ever thought I would be writing. Maybe “I’ve got a new job” but not the business I have worked for for five years is not going to exist.
After the initial shock last week I have been trying to think about the positives:
- Change can be good.
- In the meantime I can work out more, get outside more. (Thank goodness it’s summer!)
- I’ve had a really lovely reference from my director, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working with my lovely little team.
- Our flat will probably be very tidy over the next few weeks.
I’ve also been trying to think of things to fill my time with, because there is surely only so much sitting at home a person can do before they succumb to madness. My plans currently include:
- A daily gym visit
- A daily afternoon walk
- Seeing if I can temporarily volunteer at one of the charity shops near me, hopefully Shelter or Cancer Research.
- Working on this hear blog – get ready for some “living on a tight budget” posts!
- And obviously seeking gainful employment.
So that’s my positive outlook for the moment. I’ll let you know how I get on, and what I get up to. If you have any advice for me, it is most welcome!