Learning what works for me in terms of exercise and what fails miserably is an ongoing, and probably never ending challenge.
What I have learnt lately is:
- I cannot bring myself to go to the gym every day. 4 to 5 days in my maximum.
- I need to stretch more.
- Delayed Onset Muscular Soreness is a real thing, not a fictional thing I used to believe when Jack would talk about it. I wasn’t working out very hard then.
- I enjoy weightlifting. Small small weights, but it’s a start.
- I need to plan my workouts and what I need for them in advance. Forgetting your water bottle is death!
- Not feeling good can turn into feeling great after a workout is finished.
Now if I can just refer back to this, I’ll probably do ok!
What do you find helps get you to the gym, or out for your run?